- Nominate and vote for State and National Sportscasters and Sportswriters of the Year, NSSA Hall of Famers and the Bear Bryant Coach of the Year Award (select NSSA member groups also vote for the Bobby Bowden Award and the Hickok Belt Award)
- Hertz Discount Car Rental – Discounts nationwide at all Hertz locations
- Networking – Access to online Member Directory, as well as Forum to discuss industry news and notes
- Discount at Sportscasters Talent Agency of America (STAA)
- Discount on Long Term care insurance with Prudential (through Mensh Insurance)
- Attend the annual NSSA Awards Banquet in Salisbury at cost
- Monthly NSSA email newsletter
- Annual Awards printed program
Chance to win the National Athletic Trainers’ Association sports-medicine related reporting contest (NATA gives $500 cash award, plus travel to/from NSSA Awards Weekend with lodging for winner and guest)
- NSSA souvenir
To Join NSSA
- $50-a-year for full members (active or retired members of the sports media, including writers, reporters, anchors, editors, photographers, producers, bloggers for recognized sports media entities);
- $30 for associate members (all other ancillary sports/sports media personnel, or anyone who wishes to support NSSA’s missions);
- $25 for students (non-voting).
- $600 for a lifetime membership.
- $40 each for a Group Membership (minimum 5 members from a sports media entity).
Winning Broadcasting is a sportscaster representation,
consulting and coaching venture run by Charlotte Bobcats radio play-by-play voice Scott Lauer and other professional sportscasters. Any client referred by NSSA who signs with Winning Broadcasting will have his/her NSSA membership paid by Winning Broadcasting.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — –
Gary Mendelow, CFP®, is a former 18-year television sportscaster who had significant stints in Indianapolis, IN and Cleveland, OH. For the last 10 years, he has honed his skills in the field of Financial Planning and Investments. He is now the head of the Investment Centers of America office located in Avon, OH. His company can handle all your investment needs including retirement planning and IRA accounts (ROTH’S, TRADITIONAL, SEPS, SIMPLES, SOLO-K’s), college funding, wealth management, life insurance , annuities, and estate planning. NSSA members will receive free financial plans, and 25% discount of advisory services. You can get Gary’s contact information or learn more about his company by going to www.wedo401krollovers.com.
Securities, advisory services and insurance products are offered through Investment Centers of America, Inc. (ICA), member FINRA/SIPC and a Registered Investment Advisor, and affiliated insurance agencies.